Technical translation is used for rendering specific technical and scientific information from one language to another language.
General features of technical translation are the following:
- high density of terms, including abbreviations, most of which are not universal;
- accuracy and precision of materials presentation;
- absence of expressive means and imagery;
- use of established syntactic constructions: impersonal and indefinite-personal sentences, passive voice, inversion for logical emphasis, etc.
There are different types of written technical translation:
- Full technical translation is a translation of the whole original text without generalizations, omissions, with the preservation of all the terms.
- Review translation means rendering the main contents of the text by compressing the text, extraction of the main idea and omission of the details.
- Abstract translation is still more compressed rendering of the original by answering the question "What the original text is about?"
- Headlines translation.
The main requirement to a technical translator is not only linguistic, but also technical knowledge. More often than not the translated material belongs to a highly specific industrial branch. That is why there are not so many specialists able to do this type of translation. In our company all the translations are done by professional technical translators and can be verified by specialists with technical education and large experience.
We perform technical translation in different spheres:
- mechanical engineering;
- fuel industry;
- power engineering;
- ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy;
- chemical industry;
- light industry;
- food industry;
- printing industry;
- medical industry.
We render services on the following types of technical translation:
- Translation of technical documents;
- Translation of instructions on installation, operational use and maintenance of the equipment;
- Translation of the patents;
- Translation of standards;
- Translation of AutoCad drawings, etc.