Translation is a process of rendering a written text in one language into a written text in another language. A translator has an opportunity to refer to both texts for an unlimited number of times.
Features of translation:
- A translator has much more time for performing written translation, than for interpreting. Referring again and again to the original text, the translator can choose the most accurate construction for expressing a particular part of it. And after the translation he can reread the translated text and edit it.
- In the process of translation the translator can use different information sources: dictionaries, handbooks, software and the Internet and thus verify each word and each letter. Therefore, translation presupposes stricter requirements for accurate conveyance of terms and names than interpreting.
- When you translate you have to take into account stylistic and genre characteristics of the original text. E.g. when translating verses it is much more important to render the communicative effect with the help of rhyme, rhythm and other features than to translate words. In case of technical translation, vice versa, it is more important to be accurate with terms to avoid ambiguity in meaning
The process of translation can be divided into three stages:
- Reading of the original text, understanding of its general aspects.
- Recording of the translated text on the paper.
The main criterion of the quality of translation is its adequacy, that is ability to convey the contents of the text correctly, fully and precisely, taking into account peculiarities of its structure, style, vocabulary and grammar.
Our company performs different types of translation: